Michael moves to London Welsh
Former Weston flanker Michael Denbee will be playing in the Championship next season at London Welsh.
FORMER Weston flanker Michael Denbee will be playing in the Championship at London Welsh next season.
Bristol-born Denbee, educated at Kings of Wessex School, Cheddar, started his club career at Winscombe RFC’s 15-17 groups before joining the Seasiders’ colts squad.
His senior debut came at Esher in 2004 and he made 65 first team appearances before departing for Plymouth Albion.
He then moved to La Villa RFC in Spain for the 2009/10 season before switching to Birmingham/Solihull where he played 19 matches. The 26-year-old has also represented England Students, England Counties and Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
When he arrives at Old Deer Park he will meet a new coach. Former England hooker Phil Greening has moved on and has been linked with the vacant position at Leeds.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 8 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate