Midweek win for Airways
Lympsham Airways defeated East Huntspill by eight wickets in the Weston Midweek League.
LYMPSHAM Airways opened their Weston Midweek League Division 1 season with an emphatic win over East Huntspill.
After dismissing Huntspill for 122, Airways cruised to their target for the loss of just two wickets.
In Division 2, Mark managed a respectable 112-9 off their allotted overs, but with Matt Kearsey making 42 not out, Windsor Castle enjoyed a seven wicket victory.
In the cup, Ian Latham top scored with 38 not out, but the rest of the Parpagon Carriers batsmen struggled, particularly against Tom Issac who claimed 4-10.
You may also want to watch:
Their final total of 100-9 proved to be inadequate as NK Sports claimed their place in the next round with an eight wicket win, Chris Davidson making 43 not out.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery