Mini red event at Burnham
The Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham hosted the latest mini red tournament.
THE Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham hosted the BW Controls Ltd Mini Red Tournament, attended by seven budding tennis aces all under eight years old.
Competing for their first time were Charlie Jackson and Tom Spinks, with Charlie wining four of his matches and Tom winning one. The competition was won by Megan Rundle with six wins, who also won the Tony Pryce Mini Red Tournament the week before at Taunton.
Second with five wins was Matthias Benischke, Jackson was third, joint fourth was Oliver Buncombe and Joshua Chenylle Proctor and joint fifth was Dylan Webb and Spinks.
The club is running a new members deal during July where new members can join the club for half the normal annual price. New adults will be entitled to three free group tennis lessons and junior membership includes free tennis sessions at Vinny’s Minis, on Friday evenings, with coaches Vinny and Nick.
You may also want to watch:
During August 10-14, the club will be running its annual open competition where competitors will be attending to try and win the prize monies sponsored by the club and Haven Burnham Holiday Park.
The following week (August 15-21) will see the 93rd Burnham Junior Open tennis tournament, sponsored by the club and Intersport Tony Pryce.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Forms are available via the website or from the clubhouse for the junior tennis camp which will run for three weeks over the school summer holidays from July 25-29, August 1-5 and 22-26.
Details of the events and tennis coaching courses held at the club can be obtained from the office 01278 782758 or from the club wesite www.avenuetennis.com