Mini tournament at Cheddar
Cheddar Tennis Club held a mini tennis event as an open LTA tournament.
CHEDDAR Tennis Cub put the bunting out for a mini tennis tournament.
Over 20 children aged six to 10 took part in mini red, orange or green events held throughout the day.
As an open LTA tournament, players from a number of other clubs entered, but tournament organiser and referee Peter Colton was particularly pleased that almost half the entrants were junior members of the host club.
He said: “It just shows how much enthusiasm there is for tennis in Cheddar and the popularity of the coaching at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
All three events were run on a round robin format, so everyone had several matches and at the end all the children who took part were presented with a certificate and a sports water bottle from Bristol Water.
The individual winners also received medals: Rebecca Stowell (Millfield) mini red; Samuel Scott (Writhlington) mini orange and Hamish Maccormick (Hartswood, London) mini green.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The next tournament at Cheddar will be an open yellow ball matchplay on July 1. For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703.