Mini tournament at Cheddar
Cheddar Tennis Club held a mini tennis event as an open LTA tournament.
CHEDDAR Tennis Cub put the bunting out for a mini tennis tournament.
Over 20 children aged six to 10 took part in mini red, orange or green events held throughout the day.
As an open LTA tournament, players from a number of other clubs entered, but tournament organiser and referee Peter Colton was particularly pleased that almost half the entrants were junior members of the host club.
He said: “It just shows how much enthusiasm there is for tennis in Cheddar and the popularity of the coaching at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
All three events were run on a round robin format, so everyone had several matches and at the end all the children who took part were presented with a certificate and a sports water bottle from Bristol Water.
The individual winners also received medals: Rebecca Stowell (Millfield) mini red; Samuel Scott (Writhlington) mini orange and Hamish Maccormick (Hartswood, London) mini green.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
The next tournament at Cheddar will be an open yellow ball matchplay on July 1. For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703.