Mixed doubles tournament held at Uphill
- Credit: Archant
A successive mixed doubles tournament was held at Uphill Badminton Club.
UPHILL Badminton Club’s last internal tournament of the season, the mixed doubles, had 18 pairs playing in two boxes of nine.
Each box played a round robin format and four pairs then played a semi-final and final. The box winners then played a grand final.
The first box saw unbeaten Mark Edwards and Alice Brett lose to Rohan Weekes and Kate Robinson 17-21 in the final.
In the second box, unbeaten Matt Cole and Caroline Higgins beat Rob Morray and Becky Halfpenny 21-18 in the other final.
You may also want to watch:
The grand final saw Matt and Caroline beat Rohan and Kate 21- 14 to complete an exciting tournament.
The tournament was again well organised by Robin Curry, who was ably assisted by Mark Edwards and the rest of the team and this resulted in a tournament that was enjoyed by all who took part.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The winter season has finished and Uphill Badminton Summer Club, at the Hans Price Sports Centre, is held on Thursday evenings from 8-10pm and is open to all on a pay as you play basis.
If you are interested, please come along and join in. For further information, visit the club website at www.uphillbadminton.co.uk