Mixed results for Uphill
Uphill Badminton Club teams had a mixed week, winning one and losing one match.
UPHILL Badminton Club B and D teams were in action last week, with the B team winning and the D team losing.
The B team were at home to Clevedon BC and won by nine rubbers to nil. The result was a true reflection of the match and although three rubbers went to three games, the match was very one-sided, with the Uphill players of Emily Page-Symonds, Anjam Ajif, Harriet Birt, Robin Curry, Steph Hadley and captain Rob Morray all unbeaten.
The depleted D team were away to Pill B and lost a close competitive match 5-4. The team of Jessica Hargrave, captain Carl Harrison, Emily Look, Sourish Ganapathi, Billy Fear and Dannie Stone, standing in for Ellen Davis, all gave a good account of themselves.
The deciding rubber proved to be the first mixed in which Jessica and Carl lost to Sue and Andy Webber 14-21, 21-12, 21-16. The rest of the rubbers were all won in straight games.
You may also want to watch:
The second mixed was won by Emily and Sourish and the third mixed being won by the Pill pairing of Linda Pasley and Richard Anstey. The Pill ladies then won all their rubbers with ease, as did the Uphill men.
The players to win all their rubbers were Sue Webber and Moira Roberts of Pill and Sourish from Uphill.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 4 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 5 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 6 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 7 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine