More medals for Avenue pair
AVENUE Tennis Club members Megan Rundle and Harry Burrow have won some more silverware at competitions around the county.
AVENUE Tennis Club members Megan Rundle and Harry Burrow have won more silverware at county competitions.
Megan travelled to Taunton Blackbrook, and confidently won all her round robin matches against the girls in the Tony Pryce Series tournament.
With this being her second win in five tournaments, Megan’s confidence is growing with each match and is looking forward to competing in more competitions over the winter months.
Harry also competed in Taunton and won three and lost one of his group games, only losing 10-7 to the eventual winner and narrowly missing out on a semi-final spot.
You may also want to watch:
The following day he travelled to Coombe Dingle, Bristol, where 18 players entered and were split into three groups of six according to their rating. Harry comfortably won his five games to top the group and win his medal.
Coming up over the Christmas period will be the junior disco and party (December 17), chairman’s mince pies (December 19), Boxing Day social tennis tournament and the New Years Eve family disco. Details can be obtained from the club’s website (www.avenuetennis.com) or ring the club on 01278 782758.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
The club will be running its annual family Christmas lunch on December 5 from 12.30pm. All are welcome and should put their names up on the list in the clubhouse foyer or contact Poo Jenkins. The cost for adults is �10 and juniors under 10 �7.