More medals for Portishead gymnasts
GYMNASTICS - THE gymnasts from The Academy were again out in force, to show they are in fact, the best in the south-west.
THE gymnasts from The Academy were again out in force, to show they are in fact, the best in the south-west.
This competition is also used as a trial to select the South-West team for the forthcoming age group finals.
In the Voluntary Level 4 category, Ellie Haberfield was sixth, Madeline Hartnoll fifth, Phoebe Turner won the silver medal and Eloise Aitken won the gold. All girls were selected to travel and represent the South-West at national finals with Ellie being the non-travelling reserve.
Success continued in the Level 3 Category. Imogen Chan took the bronze medal, followed by Libby Lockett with the silver and the champion was April Maslen. Again all girls will represent the South-West at the national finals in November.
You may also want to watch:
With scores from a competition in March and the scores from the voluntaries, Eloise Aitken was crowned South-West Level 4 combined champion and Imogen Chan for a second year was crowned champion at Level 3.
In the Daphne Leeworthy Cup category, Charlotte Bennett, Hollie Moore, Jasmine Reed-Yang and Ruby Harrold competed. Jasmine took the bronze medal and Ruby the silver.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3