More medals for Portishead gymnasts
GYMNASTICS - THE gymnasts from The Academy were again out in force, to show they are in fact, the best in the south-west.
THE gymnasts from The Academy were again out in force, to show they are in fact, the best in the south-west.
This competition is also used as a trial to select the South-West team for the forthcoming age group finals.
In the Voluntary Level 4 category, Ellie Haberfield was sixth, Madeline Hartnoll fifth, Phoebe Turner won the silver medal and Eloise Aitken won the gold. All girls were selected to travel and represent the South-West at national finals with Ellie being the non-travelling reserve.
Success continued in the Level 3 Category. Imogen Chan took the bronze medal, followed by Libby Lockett with the silver and the champion was April Maslen. Again all girls will represent the South-West at the national finals in November.
With scores from a competition in March and the scores from the voluntaries, Eloise Aitken was crowned South-West Level 4 combined champion and Imogen Chan for a second year was crowned champion at Level 3.
In the Daphne Leeworthy Cup category, Charlotte Bennett, Hollie Moore, Jasmine Reed-Yang and Ruby Harrold competed. Jasmine took the bronze medal and Ruby the silver.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 A38 crash leaves passenger with 'potentially life-threatening injuries'
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 6 ELECTION: By-election candidate announced by Conservatives
- 7 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 8 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
- 9 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 10 Weston is second most dangerous town in Somerset, figures show