Motor club annual awards evening
Weston Motor Club members hold their annual prizegiving ceremony on Weston Pier.
MORE than 60 members of Weston Motor Club gathered at Captain Jacks bar on the Grand Pier to applaud the winners of the club’s annual awards.
Club member and Grand Pier owner, Kerry Michael presented more than 30 awards covering a whole range of motor sport disciplines, showing the diversity of local motor sport talent within the club. The club’s new president Peter Coleman also attended the meeting.
The club organises events from the prestigious Regency Stages rally at the Bath and West Showground and grass autotests to regional association autocross and 12-car navigational events.
Clubnight is the first Thursday of the month at the Queens Arms, Bleadon, from about 8pm onwards and new members are welcome. For more information contact club secretary Tim Walton on 01934 626958 or e-mail: email@example.com or check out the club website: www. wsmmc.com
You may also want to watch:
Looking forward, the club is organising another of the popular Rally Sprint events at the airfield on Easter Saturday (April 23) and the unique Sandocross on May 15 at Weston beach, both of which are spectator events.
It is also running the Kewstoke Toll Road stage of the Tour Britannia on June 18. This is an event for prestigious classic cars and entries include various Ferraris, a Shelby 350 GT, a Jaguar XK150, various Porsches, Aston Martins and Austin Healeys. Check out their website at www.tourbritannia.com for further information.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
Award winners were: Darren Harris (stage rally driver), Glyn Thomas (stage rally co-driver), Martin Bragg (hillclimbs/sprints/racing), Helen White (autotests), Rob French (autocross), Bernard Northmore (road rallying), Dave Whittock (12-car rally driver), Jan Knott (12-car rally navigator), Dan Cresswell (best under 21), Andy Turner (marshals), Heather Cresswell (outstanding female performance), Pete Donnachie and Bernard Northmore (outstanding contribution to the club), and finally Tim Walton and Jan Knott were the popular recipients of the clubman and clubwoman of the year awards respectively.
Left: Tim Porter in his trusty
Mk2 Escort rally car.