Naby closes in on pro contract
Naby Diallo is closing in on a dream professional contract with League One Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
TALENTED local footballer Naby Diallo is closing in on a dream professional contract with League One Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
The Weston midfielder is one of 22 players left in Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted more than 5,000 entrants. Naby, 21, impressed at his quarter-final trial – an 11-a-side match held at Staines Town.
Naby said: “I was very pleased when I found out I’d got through. I didn’t play well in the first-half of the quarter-final so I wasn’t sure if I’d done enough. Luckily I played a lot better in the second half. I was more involved in the match and had plenty of the ball.
Naby’s brother, Ibrahima, also made the quarter-final of the competition but was not chosen for the next stage.
You may also want to watch:
Naby will now play in front of Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio and Orient boss Russell Slade at Swindon Town’s County Ground on December 16, kick-off 1pm.
The 22 players are battling it out to be among 11 players selected for the final against a Leyton Orient XI at the Matchroom Stadium in January.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Follow Samsung Win A Pro Contract at www.facebook.com/samsungfootball