Naby closes in on pro contract
Naby Diallo is closing in on a dream professional contract with League One Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
TALENTED local footballer Naby Diallo is closing in on a dream professional contract with League One Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
The Weston midfielder is one of 22 players left in Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted more than 5,000 entrants. Naby, 21, impressed at his quarter-final trial – an 11-a-side match held at Staines Town.
Naby said: “I was very pleased when I found out I’d got through. I didn’t play well in the first-half of the quarter-final so I wasn’t sure if I’d done enough. Luckily I played a lot better in the second half. I was more involved in the match and had plenty of the ball.
Naby’s brother, Ibrahima, also made the quarter-final of the competition but was not chosen for the next stage.
You may also want to watch:
Naby will now play in front of Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio and Orient boss Russell Slade at Swindon Town’s County Ground on December 16, kick-off 1pm.
The 22 players are battling it out to be among 11 players selected for the final against a Leyton Orient XI at the Matchroom Stadium in January.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Follow Samsung Win A Pro Contract at www.facebook.com/samsungfootball