Narrow one-point victory for Hornettes
Hornettes ladies returned from Old Reds with a narrow 32-31 victory.
HORNETTES ladies travelled to Old Reds and came away with a narrow 32-31 victory.
The hosts scored first with a try under the posts and soon after scored again to put Old Reds 14-0 up after just four minutes.
Hornettes settled, but Old Reds broke out to score another try. With time running out in the first-half, the visitors scored through Kerrianne Williams. From the restart, Abbey Constable drove up the pitch and from the resulting ruck, Andrea Turner offloaded to Williams to run in from 30 metres to score, converted by Emma Small.
On the stroke of half-time, the Old Reds were attacking in the Hornets 22, MJ Jenkins made a cracking tackle and turned the ball over and broke upfield, support came Constable who offloaded to Williams to complete her hat-trick and took the score to 19-17.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, good work by Tanya Carver-Cox, Jenkins and Williams, set up Constable to give Hornets the lead for the first time. Good attacking play allowed Amy Attree to score her first try, stretching the lead to 19-27.
Old Reds replied with a converted try, but quick thinking from Williams drew in several tacklers and opened up a gap for Constable to drive over the line. With less than a minute of play left on the clock, poor discipline led to Old Reds scoring in the corner, but were unable to convert for victory.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Anyone interested in playing for the ladies, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on firstname.lastname@example.org