Narrow victory for Development XV
A late interception try by Sean Disney gave Hornets Development XV victory at table topping Yatton.
Yatton 7 pts
Hornets Development XV 12 pts
Hornets Development XV made the short trip to table topping Yatton, who need to be congratulated on providing a playable surface against the odds.
A large crowd anticipated another close encounter, with Yatton coming away with the narrowest of victories earlier in the season.
You may also want to watch:
The first 10 minutes saw both sides sizing each other up, but both defences held firm until the Yatton right wing found himself in clear air after rounding the full-back, the try was converted.
From the restart, Hornets started to apply the pressure and subsequently gain the best of the territory and it was no surprise when, after 20 minutes, following a series of penalties, Bailey Jackson crashed over out wide, Connor Davidson made the game all square with the conversion.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
By now, the weather conditions had taken a turn for the worse and despite both sides wishing to play an expansive game, it inevitably turned into a forwards dominated affair.
The game remained 7-7 despite both sides having chances to win, when on the last play of the game, Sean Disney intercepted a pass inside the Yatton 22 and slid home to claim the game for Hornets.