Narrow victory for Isle of Wedmore
Isle of Wedmore defeated St Andrews by eight shots in their first Somerset County Indoor League match of the season.
ISLE of Wedmore Bowls Club men defeated St Andrews in their first Somerset County Indoor League match since gaining promotion to Division 1.
Each side won one rink home and away. However, Wedmore held on to secure an overall match win by eight shots.
At St Andrews, Dave Nicholls’ rink managed to pull off a slender 23-17 victory after being 17-6 ahead by the 12th end. The home team fought back to reduce the deficit to only two shots by the 17th end, but Wedmore dug in over the last four ends and extended their winning margin to five shots.
At the same venue, Steve Eastment’s quartet were unlucky to lose a tight match by just one shot 20-19. After being two shots up on the penultimate end, a three on the last end by the home team settled matters in their favour.
You may also want to watch:
At Wedmore, both rinks were ahead for most of the match and another tight game saw Ron Barron’s rink hold on to gain an 18-13 victory.
Colin Moss’ rink fought well throughout, but were unfortunate to lose by just one shot.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course