Narrow victory for Isle of Wedmore
Isle of Wedmore defeated St Andrews by eight shots in their first Somerset County Indoor League match of the season.
ISLE of Wedmore Bowls Club men defeated St Andrews in their first Somerset County Indoor League match since gaining promotion to Division 1.
Each side won one rink home and away. However, Wedmore held on to secure an overall match win by eight shots.
At St Andrews, Dave Nicholls’ rink managed to pull off a slender 23-17 victory after being 17-6 ahead by the 12th end. The home team fought back to reduce the deficit to only two shots by the 17th end, but Wedmore dug in over the last four ends and extended their winning margin to five shots.
At the same venue, Steve Eastment’s quartet were unlucky to lose a tight match by just one shot 20-19. After being two shots up on the penultimate end, a three on the last end by the home team settled matters in their favour.
You may also want to watch:
At Wedmore, both rinks were ahead for most of the match and another tight game saw Ron Barron’s rink hold on to gain an 18-13 victory.
Colin Moss’ rink fought well throughout, but were unfortunate to lose by just one shot.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?