Narrow victory for Locking juniors
- Credit: Archant
FC Locking Under-15s returned from Backwell Athletic with a narrow victory.
A hard-fought league match for FC Locking Juniors Under-15s away to Backwell Athletic resulted in a close 3-2 win.
Locking took the lead after only five minutes when Freddie Mullins hit a looping free kick from 30 yards that sailed straight into the top corner. Locking doubled their lead when Alex Cameron slotted home a penalty.
Backwell pulled a goal back soon after, but the visitors extended their lead with another penalty, which Cameron scored to give Locking a 3-1 half-time lead.
Backwell started brightly in the second half and pulled a goal back. Locking had to defend ruggedly to keep a third goal out and in the final minute, a good shot from Backwell bounced back off the bar and goalkeeper Jake Clements gratefully hung on to the ball to cap an excellent performance.
You may also want to watch:
The AJ’s Laser Tag man of the match was awarded to Alex Cameron and special mentions to Alex Webber and Nathan Northey.
Burnham United Under-13s have a new football kit, thanks to Richard Marsh of Burnham Funeral Services.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Richard said: “The future of our country lies with the young. I can’t think of a better cause than to help a local football club teach sporting and fitness skills.”