Narrow victory for Locking juniors
- Credit: Archant
FC Locking Under-15s returned from Backwell Athletic with a narrow victory.
A hard-fought league match for FC Locking Juniors Under-15s away to Backwell Athletic resulted in a close 3-2 win.
Locking took the lead after only five minutes when Freddie Mullins hit a looping free kick from 30 yards that sailed straight into the top corner. Locking doubled their lead when Alex Cameron slotted home a penalty.
Backwell pulled a goal back soon after, but the visitors extended their lead with another penalty, which Cameron scored to give Locking a 3-1 half-time lead.
Backwell started brightly in the second half and pulled a goal back. Locking had to defend ruggedly to keep a third goal out and in the final minute, a good shot from Backwell bounced back off the bar and goalkeeper Jake Clements gratefully hung on to the ball to cap an excellent performance.
You may also want to watch:
The AJ’s Laser Tag man of the match was awarded to Alex Cameron and special mentions to Alex Webber and Nathan Northey.
Burnham United Under-13s have a new football kit, thanks to Richard Marsh of Burnham Funeral Services.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
Richard said: “The future of our country lies with the young. I can’t think of a better cause than to help a local football club teach sporting and fitness skills.”