Narrow victory for Raddys
Raddys defeated North Somerset in their latest Somerset Darts Super League fixture.
RADDYS visited neighbours North Somerset in the Somerset Darts Super League and came away with a hard-fought victory.
Raddys travelled with a bare 12 players with many of the team away. The match had an even start with both teams trading legs. Raddys victors were Bob Hadley, who hit nine tons and averaged 22.43, Neil May who had a comfy 3-0 win, and Terry Hayes who averaged a nice 22.23 and a 84 checkout.
With the game level at 3-3 Somerset took the next two rubbers to lead 5-3. Captain Mike Harding led the fight back with a 3-1 win. Then a superb match followed between Carl Evans and Leigh Taylor.
Carl produced a vintage performance to win 3-2 with an outstanding average of 27.87, hitting 13 tons on the way. Paul Davis then gave Raddys the lead before Graham Kurle wrapped up the singles with his 3-2 win with a 180 thrown in.
You may also want to watch:
Once again Raddys excelled in the pairs winning four out of six. The winning pairs were J Anderson and R Trow 3-2, C Skeates and P Davis 3-1, T Hayes and J Day 3-0, and C Evans and J Burton 3-0.
This resulted in the Weston team earning a hard fought triumph by 39-33. Man of the match was Carl Evans for his super all-round show. Captain Mike Harding was pleased that every player either won their singles or pairs, proving it was a true team performance.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences