Nathan scores seven goals against Mid Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Weston striker Nathan Hancock scored seven of his side’s 10 goal against Mid Somerset.
MID SOMERSET 0
LEAGUE leaders Weston entertained mid-table Mid Somerset, who joined Weston from the league below last season after both were promoted.
Weston started dominantly and Nathan Hancock fired the home team into an early lead with a great shot from the top of the D. Hancock scored his second shortly after with a fierce reverse stick strike which whistled past the keeper’s face.
You may also want to watch:
Kyle Sully struck his short corner into the bottom corner to make it 3-0, after his first attempt was saved by the keeper.
Mid Somerset pressed the young Weston side and the home defence of Neate, Dave Holland and Beer dealt with the danger. Chris Bryant, in the home goal was having a solid game setting up several attacks with clever kicking.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
A rousing team talk from Blythe identified the weaknesses in Weston’s already improving game and this showed in the second half as they used their superior fitness to chance after chance.
Sam Neate found his form and was able to give Weston another goal. Shortly after this the team’s fitness showed and they were able to score six unanswered goals with 10 minutes to go, with the midfield of Sully, Neate, Turner and Watkins proving to be a challenge when attacking.
Mercedes Benz of Weston man of the match went to Nathan Hancock for his seven-goal performance.