National training course held at Hutton Moor
A national training course was held by the Japan Karate Association at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
THE Japan Karate Association England hosted a national training course at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
Clubs from throughout the country travelled to Weston to train together under the chief instructor of JKA England, Ohta sensei 7th Dan JKA. Ohta sensei is known throughout Europe and the rest of the world as one the best instructors of Shotokan Karate.
Ohta sensei was assisted by senseis Gary Stewart, Roy Thomlin and head of the association Adel Ismal, all 6th Dan instructors in their own right.
If this impressive list of instructors wasn’t enough, the Weston course was also to benefit from a visiting instructor from Japan, Ogane sensei, who gave a demonstration of the kata Bassai Dai.
You may also want to watch:
Roughly 120 students made the journey to Weston for the training course, which lasted three hours. Once the formal introductions were complete, the students were split into numerous sections to receive instruction.
Weston’s resident instructor, Trevor Byrne, 5th Dan JKA, was asked to teach one of these sections.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
The course was brought to a close with Ogane sensei demonstrating extremely strong examples of the kata Bassai Dai.
Anyone interested in learning the art of Shotokan Karate, can contact Trevor Byrne on 07528 512355, or by email: email@example.com