National training course held at Hutton Moor
A national training course was held by the Japan Karate Association at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
THE Japan Karate Association England hosted a national training course at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
Clubs from throughout the country travelled to Weston to train together under the chief instructor of JKA England, Ohta sensei 7th Dan JKA. Ohta sensei is known throughout Europe and the rest of the world as one the best instructors of Shotokan Karate.
Ohta sensei was assisted by senseis Gary Stewart, Roy Thomlin and head of the association Adel Ismal, all 6th Dan instructors in their own right.
If this impressive list of instructors wasn’t enough, the Weston course was also to benefit from a visiting instructor from Japan, Ogane sensei, who gave a demonstration of the kata Bassai Dai.
You may also want to watch:
Roughly 120 students made the journey to Weston for the training course, which lasted three hours. Once the formal introductions were complete, the students were split into numerous sections to receive instruction.
Weston’s resident instructor, Trevor Byrne, 5th Dan JKA, was asked to teach one of these sections.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
The course was brought to a close with Ogane sensei demonstrating extremely strong examples of the kata Bassai Dai.
Anyone interested in learning the art of Shotokan Karate, can contact Trevor Byrne on 07528 512355, or by email: email@example.com