National wheelchair finals held at Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
The Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club hosted the national pairs finals of the British Wheelchair Bowling Association.
THE Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club were proud to host the national pairs finals of the British Wheelchair Bowling Association for the second year.
Attended by president Terry Fitzgerald and chairman Ian Blackmore, and with 24 players from as far afield as Essex, Sussex and Pembrokeshire, it was a full weekend of competitive bowling.
Good weather held throughout the tournament and the green was in fine condition after recent rainfall, so conditions were perfect for this prestigious event.
Each of the four mini-leagues played two sets of nine ends and this format was also used for the semi-finals and finals. Standards were high and the competition intense, indeed both semi-finals needed a one-end shoot-out to determine the winners.
You may also want to watch:
The finalists were - winners: Tony Lloyd and Ken King (Cullompton); runners-up: Alan Brown and his son Paul Brown.
The association thanked the Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club for hosting the event and special thanks went to the organisers and many members who provided the catering and help on the rinks.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation