Netball club looking for new players
Weston Netball Club is looking for new players for the coming season.
WESTON Netball Club is holding team trials for the coming season (September -May 2014) on May 20 and would like to encourage as many ladies as possible to come along.
The club, formerly known as Swallows Netball Club, was formed in 1988, and has four successful squads. The first team play in Regional Division 2, the second team play in Division 2 of the Avon League and the Premier division in the Weston League.
The third team plays in Division 6 of the Avon League and Division 1 of the Weston League, while the Under-18s will be playing in Weston Division 1
The open trials will be run by external selectors and are for all ages and abilities, but the club particularly wants to encourage ladies looking to play regional and high-level county netball.
You may also want to watch:
All squad members must be able to commit to training every Monday, while individual squads will have additional commitments including regional and Avon League matches on Saturdays, Weston League matches on Wednesday nights or additional training sessions.
If you are interested, simply pop along to the trials on on the outdoor courts at Priory Community School in Worle, or contact club chair Kelly Rihan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s