New badminton season in full swing
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s winter is in full swing, with senior and junior players back in action.
THE winter season for Uphill Badminton Club is now well underway.
Uphill Badminton Club is the largest in the area, and boasts a thriving senior and junior section five teams in the North Somerset Badminton League and one in Division 1 of the Bristol Men’s League.
Uphill’s A team have won Division 1 for the past 11 seasons and the team has always had a strong showing of its own junior players who have come up through the ranks. The club run its own internal tournaments during the season as well as hosting a twice yearly Weston handicap event, which has proved hugely popular for players from across the area.
If you are looking to take up the sport, the club run a session for beginners every Thursday from 8-10pm. It costs £3 per session and this gives new players access to court time and coaching.
You may also want to watch:
Uphill also have a large junior section and take children from four years up to 18 years old and run three separate hourly coaching sessions every Saturday throughout the season from 2.30-5.30pm. The sessions are run by qualified coaches with assistance from numerous helpers.
New junior players are always welcome. For more information, please contact www.uphillbadminton.co.uk or our facebook page. Club standard players are also welcome.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
For details of the senior club and for the beginners sessions, please contact Paul Edwards on 07866 946422 or again visit the website/facebook page.