New coaching set-up at Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Burnham Rugby Club has announced the new coaching team for the new campaign.
BURNHAM RFC chairman Chris Jones and his committee, have been hard at work during the summer securing a new coaching team.
They are delighted to announce that current players Richard Muskett and Tim Piper are bolstered with the addition of Alec Chase, who has moved over from local rivals, Hornets.
Chris reports it is fantastic news that they have secured a new coaching team of Richard, Alec and Tim which will compliment our current group of players and our first class facilities.
Burnham has recently completed a new stand which has a capacity of over 100 and the clubhouse bar has also been refurbished ready for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Alec joins Burnham with a wealth of experience having played for Taunton and Hornets. Alec is looking to transform the way Burnham play this season with plenty of structure on and off the pitch and to ensure the coaching team get what they want out of the players.
This season will be a key year with the integration of the new development squad, formerly the colts, into senior rugby and Alec will be looking to bring those players into senior rugby with the help for development coach, Tim Piper.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Head coach, Richard Muskett, has stated he wants a big commitment on and off the field this season and to push for promotion.
The committee has done their bit out of season and now it is our turn to repay the favour, play attractive rugby and give the supporters what they like to see.