New defender joins Weston-super-Mare ahead of trip to Maidstone
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare travel to high-flying Maidstone United tomorrow (Saturday), as the Seagulls battle to avoid relegation.
Ryan Northmore’s side were stung by a late Vas Karagiannis penalty at the Woodspring Stadium on Tuesday night, going down 2-1. They they remain in the bottom three.
With just one win in their previous eight games, the Seagulls are in desperate need of all three points in Kent.
They were boosted this week by the signing of defender Sekani Simpson, who arrives from Bath City.
Simpson clocked up more than 300 appearances for the Romans and Northmore welcomed the addition to his squad.
Northmore said: “I think between him (Simpson) and Kane Ingram, there’s more appearances at this level than the rest of the squad put together.
You may also want to watch:
“We went there (Twerton Park) last season and he was awarded a trophy or something for playing 300 games for Bath, so he’s well accomplished at this standard.”
Northmore confirmed Simpson would travel to Maidstone.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The hosts, who play at the Gallagher Stadium, are second in the Vanarama South, seven points behind league-leaders Ebbsfleet, having won their last three matches.