New faces impress
Worle produced a pleasing display in their first friendly of the year.
Worle 3 Cheddar 5
WORLE started their pre-season friendlies with a competitive game against a good Cheddar team from the Somerset Senior Premier League.
The hosts started brightly and created the early chances and it was no surprise when Ernest tapped in after some good work from Conor Hull.
Worle had a few new faces in their starting line-up who all showed up well, with the impressive John McCabe having a good game supporting the defensive trio of Sam Clements, James Harvey and Jon Crandon, who was making his first start in a Worle shirt for a number of years.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar equalised against the run of play when a deflected goal beat Matt Hill in the home goal. The visitors took the lead before Worle equalised when Joe Farmer netted. Just before half-time, Cheddar scored two goals in quick succession.
Worle came out in the second half in determined mood, Hull pulled a goal back for Worle. Cheddar made the game safe when they increased the lead late on.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
This was a pleasing display from Worle who hope to have a few more faces on show this Saturday, when they entertain Yatton (1pm), who beat Westlands United 8-2 in their first friendly.
Training is still on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Worle Recreation Ground starting at 7pm.