New format at motor club
Weston Motor Club have agreed to a more radical form of club management at the recent annual meeting.
FOLLOWING the recent annual meeting, members of Weston Motor Club agreed to follow a more radical form of club management.
Rather than the traditional club format of a committee making all the decisions, the club have devised a new structure which gives the members a regular say in how the club events are organised.
Club leader Peter Brace said: “The new system of management has been a great success. For months, the old committee struggled to agree on a new venue meeting place, because we had outgrown the village pub. At our first meeting under the new management, members discussed and voted and within 30 minutes had a new venue agreed.”
The club now meet at Ollie’s Caf� on the A38, Brent Knoll, by Sanders Garden World on the first Thursday of the month.
You may also want to watch:
The club continue to promote motor sport and their next event on April 15 is the Sandocross held on the Weston Sands at Uphill. This is a unique event on mainland Britain and has been run annually since 1971. It takes the form of cars racing up to four abreast on a sand circuit and there is a class for road cars, so it is ideal for newcomers to motorsport.
For more details on how to get involved in Weston Motor Club, contact Tim Walton on email@example.com
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston