New lease of life for petanque
- Credit: Archant
The sport of petanque is being offered at Clarence Park on Wednesday afternoons.
ALTHOUGH the petanque (boules) piste has been in place for several years, it is now enjoying a new lease of life with the creation of a petanque club within Clarence Bowling Club.
Club founder, Trevor Ward, along with his wife Ann, has donated a lovely summerhouse located adjacent to the piste where players can relax or take shelter in inclement weather.
The new club meets every Wednesday afternoon and members can also enjoy the wonderful facilities of the Les Andrews Pavilion.
The piste is available for public as well as club use every day between 10am and 6pm, so why not pop along and have a go? Equipment is included in the modest fee for the public.
You may also want to watch:
Membership enquiries should be addressed to Trevor Ward on 626277.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3