New opponents for the Seagulls
Seagulls to face old and new opponents next season.
THE Football Association League committee has agreed the make-up of the Blue Square South for the forthcoming 2011-12 season.
Weston will break new ground when they meet Truro City, winners of the Zamaretto Premier League, for the first time, who have been promoted along with runners-up Salisbury City who have bounced back from a two-league demotion last season and last met Weston in the league in 2006-07.
Promoted from the Ryman League will be Sutton United whom Weston last met in 2007-08 and Tonbridge Angels from Kent who last met Weston in the 1997-98 season in the Southern Division of the Southern League.
Promoted to the Nationwide Conference are Braintree Town and Ebbsfleet United while Eastbourne Borough will be coming the other way after three seasons in the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans City are relegated to the Zamaretto Premier and Lewes and Thurrock move to the Ryman League.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival