New paddleboard club set up
A new paddleboard club has been recently formed and is looking for new members.
Somerset Stand Up Paddleboard Club has recently been formed and is looking for new members of all ages and abilities.
The regular evening is Thursdays 6.30-8.30pm at Weston Marina. Weekend visits during the year are scheduled for Portishead Marina, Clevedon Marina, River Yeo at Congresbury, River Dart in Devon, River Avon, Saltford and Symonds Yat, Ross-on-Wye.
Some members have participated in some racing, others at TriSup, which is similar to triathlons with paddleboarding replacing swimming, mountain biking replacing road bikes and running.
The session throughout August and September are free.
You may also want to watch:
If you are keen to join us, either individually or with friends, please call Jon Archer on 07739 093330 to book a board or visit the Facebook page Somerset SUP.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority