New paddleboard club set up
A new paddleboard club has been recently formed and is looking for new members.
Somerset Stand Up Paddleboard Club has recently been formed and is looking for new members of all ages and abilities.
The regular evening is Thursdays 6.30-8.30pm at Weston Marina. Weekend visits during the year are scheduled for Portishead Marina, Clevedon Marina, River Yeo at Congresbury, River Dart in Devon, River Avon, Saltford and Symonds Yat, Ross-on-Wye.
Some members have participated in some racing, others at TriSup, which is similar to triathlons with paddleboarding replacing swimming, mountain biking replacing road bikes and running.
The session throughout August and September are free.
You may also want to watch:
If you are keen to join us, either individually or with friends, please call Jon Archer on 07739 093330 to book a board or visit the Facebook page Somerset SUP.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism