New self-defence class based at Broadoak
A new self-defence class is starting at Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College.
BROADOAK Mathematics and Computing College is the venue for a new martial arts based self-defence class called MUMA (Mixed Urban Martial Arts).
The class aims to give its students practical fighting skills, while at the same time developing their fitness and agility.
Senior instructor, Mario Dolcezza, has been studying martial arts for over 30 years and is a 4th Dan exponent of karate.
He said: “MUMA is a practical fighting defence style. We avoid fancy artistic techniques and focus on real-world methods that work in everyday situations. That way we are able to give students of all ages and abilities street level skills which will work for specifically them, while at the same time keeping them fit.”
You may also want to watch:
The class is held in the main hall at Broadoak every Monday between 8-9.30pm. Class fees are £4 per student, per class and students must be aged 13 and above and all profits are reinvested in equipment for the club.
New students of all ages, sizes and fitness are being actively encouraged to join. For more information, contact Mario on 01278 769009 or turn up on the night.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud