New stand opened at first home game of the season
- Credit: Archant
Hornets marked their first home game of the season with the opening of their new stand.
HORNETS marked their first home game of the season with the opening of their new stand.
Peter Costello, whose donation made the stand possible, gave a rousing speech to the club’s patrons, before officially opening the stand ahead of the exciting victory against Dings Crusaders, a game played in front of about 350 people, including a packed stand.
This is another exciting development for the club and with the Rugby World Cup now starting, Hornets are confident their outstanding facilities at the club make them a great choice for any new members attracted to rugby as a result of the World Cup.
The club will be opening each evening and at weekends to show the World Cup fixtures on the clubs screens and a warm welcome is guaranteed for all.
You may also want to watch:
A fish and chip supper and the England v Fiji match kicks things off tomorrow evening (Friday).
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival