New Tough 10 route tackled by athletes
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club members tackled a new Tough 10 route.
A NEW Tough 10 route awaited over 800 runners, taking them from Weston beach to Sand Point, before returning through Weston woods and back into Weston.
The weather was perfect for running, last year’s high winds prevented the race from going ahead.
There was no stopping Dominic Taylor-Jones, who once again took the honours for the club in 1.05.55 and 13th overall. Alex Barker, a newcomer to the club, ran strongly to take second place in 1.07.18, followed by Guy Bradford in 1.08.54.
With 24 club ladies competing in the event, Jules Pflaum took first place in 1.19.51. There was only five seconds between the second and third club females - Michelle Fryer in 1.22.49 and Nicola Fulstow in 1.22.54.
You may also want to watch:
Six members travelled to Street to run in the competitive Wells City Harriers 5k .Guy Bradford brought the club colours home first in 18.49 and 15th overall. Steve Kibblewhite was second in 19.27, followed by V60 club runner John Hinchliffe in an impressive 22.03.
Michelle Fryer ran well to take first club female spot in 21.35. Nia Davies and Steph Shute were second and third in 22.14 and 24.44 respectively.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
The club’s next race, the Weston Prom Run is on February 26. The main five-mile race starts at 7.30pm and is preceded by the one-mile race at 6.45pm.
For more information about all the club’s races and becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk