Nick impresses in Brecon Beacons ultra marathon
- Credit: Archant
Three Weston Athletic Club members tackled the Brecon Beacons ultra marathon, a 46-mile circular route.
A quiet weekend in the club championship calendar saw Weston Athletic Club’s runners taking the running bug to extremes in decidedly challenging conditions.
Over the bridge in Powys, three club members tackled the gruelling Brecon Beacons ultra marathon. This race follows a 46-mile circular route with varying terrain across the Beacons
Of around 250 runners who started the race, Nick Briffitt finished fourth overall, and Elaine Eldridge and James Wotton both also completed the entire route.
Just one championship race took place, and with entries closing well in advance of the race, only two club members made the journey to Dorset to take part in the 10-mile Wimborne road race. Steve Kibblewhite and Lesley Bowskill represented the club, finishing in 1.10.44 and 1.29.59 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, husband and wife team Nicky and Paul Baker travelled to Wiltshire for the Castle Combe Chilly 10k. Nicky’s commitment to training saw her achieve her fastest 10k time yet in 1.00.41, while Paul completed the race in 44.08.
The club’s next home event is the third race in the Weston prom run series, taking place tonight (Thursday). The main five-mile race starts on the seafront near the Tropicana at 7.30pm and is preceded by the one-mile junior race at 6.45pm. Runners can enter on the night or online at www.westonac.co.uk/promrun
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?