Nicole to make her boxing debut
- Credit: Archant
Talented sportsgirl Nicole Flourentzou is to make her boxing debut on the Grand Pier on June 14.
GIFTED sportsgirl Nicole Flourentzou will be featuring in The Eagle Has Landed 2 event, a martial arts extravaganza on Weston’s Grand Pier on June 14.
Nicole will be fighting on the bill in the boxing section against Natalie White from Malvern Martial Arts Club in Worcester.
Nicole has been training at Strikeback Gym with Boxing and fitness coaches Greg Miller and James Lucas. Nicole is a Weston girl and attends Priory Community School.
Nicole excels in all areas of sport and began to play football as a four-year-old, playing for Kewstoke. In 2008, Nicole also joined Team Mendip, the only all-female club in the region, going on to represent the Somerset Academy.
You may also want to watch:
Nicole is now awaiting her 16th birthday so she can join ladies team. Nicole’s sporting abilities has seen her represent Priory School at netball, rounders and football.
Nicole got involved with Strikeback Gym primarily to improve her level of fitness when chairman of Mendip, James Lucas, who is a coach at Strikeback, put on summer boot camp sessions for the players at Mendip.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
After only attending for a few months, Nicole was already sparring with the men at the club and found learning techniques and movement in the sport came easy to her.
Now the coaches feel with her level of ability and skill she is ready for her first fight on the club’s own successful show.
Anyone wanting tickets to come and support Nicole or any of the club’s other 14 fighters, in the 22 bouts of mauy thai, kick boxing and boxing, including a pro-am English, British and Commonwealth titles presented by three-times British strongest man and world strongest man competitor Laurence Shahlaei, can ring Greg on 07753 615314.