Niki completes Gran Canaria marathon
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club member Niki Fulstow completed the Gran Canaria marathon in a time of 6.33.51.
WESTON Athletic Club member Niki Fulstow travelled all the way to Gran Canaria to take on what she described as her toughest race yet.
Running in brutally hot and mountainous conditions, she completed the marathon in 6.33.51, coming eighth in her age category and 245th overall out of 682 competitors.
Meanwhile, closer to home, several members raced the last of the Street 5K series. Guy Bradford came in first for the club in a speedy 18.31, followed by Steve Kibblewhite in 19.26 and Gerry King in 20.04.
With a sore knee from a recent fall, Stephanie Shute still ran the event in 25.38 and with it managed to secure overall female senior winner for the series. Michelle Fryer also raced finishing in 21.49.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations also goes to Samantha Walkley and Yvonne Rogers, who completed the Weymouth half marathon on Sunday in 2.12.33 and 2.16.49 respectively.
The club’s next race is the Weston prom run on March 26. The main five-mile race starts at 7.30pm, and is preceded by the one-mile race at 6.45pm.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
For more information about all the club’s races, and becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk
Niki Fulstow after the Trans GranCanaria Marathon.