No Hopers lead at the halfway stage
No Hopers are the leaders of the Wrington Vale Billiards League at the halfway stage of the season.
NO HOPERS top the Wrington Vale Billiards League at the halfway stage of the season after their 3-1 win over Backwell A.
An in-form Martyn Howell took the opening game for Backwell against Graham Burton by 43. Ian Green then hit back for the leaders by winning games against Pete Wood and Martyn by 28 and 39 respectively.
Congresbury’s Reuben Hurse was pitted against Zimmers’ Geoff Passmore in their opening game and both scored consistently. Although not hitting any sizeable breaks, Reuben drew level at the threequarter mark and, as Geoff struggled to wrap the game up, Reuben seized the opportunity to run out winner by 14.
Wayne Ticer hit back for Zimmers against Dave Larner and both players were soon into their stride scoring consistently. Then Wayne scored breaks of 31 and 20 to open up a gap that Dave could not close.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce Bernard played Irving Prowse in the final game and Irving was soon in trouble with Bruce was in excellent form, hitting breaks of 35 and 24 to win convincingly by 57.
Backwell B team-mates Bob Selby and George Rowe played each other in the quarter-final of the handicap competition with George enjoying a 100 point advantage although Bob had cut this in half before George had scored.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
After that George played well to match Bob’s scoring and at one time led 234-170. Bob then upped his safety play and as George struggled to score, went in front to win 300-285.
Breaks: B Bernard 35, 24; M Howell 31, 25, 23, 22*; W Ticer 31, 20; M Tozer 24; M White 23; M Northern 22, 20.