Nomads hit back

JUNIOR SOCCER - NOMADS Under-14s travelled to Berrow in confident mood after their last performance.

NOMADS Under-14s travelled to Berrow in confident mood after their last performance.

Despite creating chances of their own, Berrow took their chances to be three up before the break.

A slight shift in defensive tactics at half time brought dividend as Nomads began to squeeze Berrow out of the game. The back four of Plested-Ferris, Burge, Spokes and Short were outstanding, along with replacement Bily.

The Nomads midfield of Smith, Hussey, Mills and Bishop began to take control of the match and when Ridsdill came on as a replacement, Nomads started a 15 minute purple patch which saw them pepper the Berrow goal.

You may also want to watch:

Milson and Davidson worked hard up front, but it was Ridsdill who started the comeback with an explosive shot. Nomads sensed the change of momentum and Milsom was rewarded with two fine strikes that brought the teams level.

Berrow hung on as Mistry came on and quickly used his pace to snuff out any threat Berrow tried to pose. AJ Griffiths again led the team well and marshalled the defence well and made some valuable saves.

Most Read

The man of the match was awarded to Milsom for his hard work and outstanding finishing.

The Under-9s travelled to Hutton Juniors, who are in a strong position to challenge for the league title.

Nomads started well with the outstanding Brandon Smith hitting the woodwork. William Fuller and Matt Ogborne commanded Nomads midfield, but Hutton scored twice despite courageous defending from Henry Worley and Harry Little.

The second half continued in the pattern of the first. Hutton scored again, despite Charlie Woodards, Nomad's keeper, being in top form.

Nomads fighting spirit shone through and Phoebe Payton's shot went just wide, Brandon's free kick was just wide and Louis Merreywether battled to get his illusive first goal. George Fulcher defended to the final whistle keeping the score 3-0.

Brandon Smith took man of the match for an excellent performance.

Nomads B hoped to continue with their recent good form against Hutton. They put in an excellent performance, once again led by captain Harry Beer, supported by Jack Rickwood.

Ben Insley and Janson Wheatley assisted in setting up Harry Beer, but his shot flew just over the bar. Hutton hit back resulting in an early goal for the home team.

Nomads' keeper Chris Beddingfield showed his ability to read the game, making several excellent saves, but was beaten for a second quick goal and an unlucky deflection of the referee leading to a third.

The second half saw an even more determined Nomads squad defend, with the outstanding Charles Constable and Harry Beer. Liam Byrne also stood solid and battled on. However Hutton score again.

Nomads were lifted by a fantastic solo effort from Alex Smithers, who got a well deserved goal for the visitors, but Hutton scored again, making the final score 5-1.

Man of the match went to Ben Insley for his awesome performance.

HUTTON Under-14s visited Congresbury and came away with a convincing 8-0 victory. Hat-tricks came from Mac Lovell and Charlie Scott, with the others being netted by Josh Liddiard and a 30 yard free kick from Adam Francis.

Congresbury were the first to attack and were unfortunate not to take the lead when they dragged a shot across the face of Gabe Woods' goal.

However, Hutton soon got into their stride and the midfield of Josh Liddiard, Nathan Heather, Adam Thompson and Ronan Britton provided some great balls to Scott and Lovell and it wasn't long before Hutton took the lead.

The defence of Seb Clatworthy, Francis, Josh Selwyn and Connor Sweeney remained strong and restricted the hosts to a scrambled effort and Hutton entered the break with a 3-0 lead.

Half time substitutions brought Jamie Huggins, Rob Liddiard, George Chapman and Hallam Bickell into the game as Hutton continued to flow towards the home goal and goals came regularly as Congresbury tired on the heavy pitch.

RMC man of the match was awarded to Charlie Scott.

The Under 13s entertained Yatton, in their first league fixture for 10 weeks, and won 5-1 in an entertaining game.

Hutton were immediately looking to attack with Oliver Norville and Jonny Clarkson pushing forward. The defence of Callam Cheeseman, Marcus Walters, Matt Jefferies and George Garfield were solid in the early stages, ensuring that keeper Lewis Condon was rarely troubled.

The Yatton keeper was regularly being tested by the shooting of Sam Matthews and Harry Charalambous. Hutton's first goal came after a cross from Lee Tinklin found the head of Anthony Badman.

Hutton got their second shortly after when Ben Hurst played the ball through to Matthews, who fired into the roof of the net. Shortly before half-time, Hutton's third goal was scored when Charalambous wound his way through the Yatton defence and drilled the ball into the bottom corner.

Hutton started the second half slowly and Yatton were causing problems for the Hutton defence. After a good run, Yatton pulled a goal back.

Hutton extended their lead to 4-1 when Matthews broke from the halfway line and outpaced the Yatton defence, before beating the stranded keeper. Walters made sure that Yatton didn't score again with well-timed crunching tackles throughout the game. Hutton's fifth was grabbed by Tinklin after a powerful run and good shot into the top corner.

Cash Converters man of the match was Marcus Walters.

The Under-12s hosted Cheddar Valley Dynamo's in a Division 1 top of the table clash and the points were shared in a physical, but friendly game.

From the whistle, Cheddar pushed forward and soon found the defence of George Thorne, Dan Cox, Stefan Thomson-Rose and Alfie Hardy well organised and strong.

Cheddar's persistence paid off when a shot took a deflection giving them an early lead. From the restart, Hutton's midfield of James Chudley, Charlie Harris, James Difford and Josh Pratt combined well with the forward pairing of Zak Westwood and Matt Jones.

The last 10 minutes of the first half was all about Hutton as they started to dominate play. A good solo run by Charlie saw his effort go wide and on the break Cheddar were snuffed out by Hutton's defence, in particular Stefan, who in recent games has been solid at centre half.

Dan, George and Alfie all made well timed tackles to give keeper Oliver a quiet time in goal, although he was called upon just before the break and made a good stop to keep the half-time score at 1-0 to Cheddar.

After the break, Hutton started well and soon found themselves with many attacking chances and Charlie and Chuds linked well to provide good crosses into the box, but Hutton's forwards could not convert.

A succession of corners soon followed and a half clearance by Cheddar saw the ball fall to Stefan who hit a well deserved equaliser.

Brad Cousins came on up front for Matt and supported Josh and used his physical presence to apply pressure. The midfield four worked hard in the last 10 minutes to work the ball forward.

Matt made some good tackles late on as the game finished as a 1-1 draw. Referee Joe Newbury had an excellent day and controlled the game superbly.

The AGM Services man of the match award went to Stefan Thomson-Rose.

The early exchanges between Hutton Under-9s and Milton Nomads were evenly played out.

Jake Flavell was full of running up front and Louis Neal, Macauly Abram and Harry Munden put some good passes together.

At the back, Luke Grindle was well protected by Tom Smith and Kyle Jones. Hutton got off the mark with Abram scoring a header from a Smith cross. Ty Jamieson came on in centre midfield and performed well.

Jay Murray was full of running and caused problems on the wing. Jamieson scored the second goal of the match when the Nomads keeper failed to keep hold of his low shot.

Munden finished the game off following a flowing move involving most of the Hutton players and only a last ditch tackle from Abram denied Nomads a deserved goal at the end.

Jamieson was given man of the match for his outstanding display and credit should be given to Nomads keeper who pulled off some fantastic saves.

The B team got back to winning ways after a couple of disappointing results. Determined to put the last two games behind them, they started brightly, with George Darch, Tom White and Sam Mannings Hill pulling the strings in midfield and Toby Butterfield full of running up front.

Ciaran Murphy came on after 10 minutes and took the game by the scruff of the neck, looking to play in Butterfield at every opportunity.

Butterfield duly responded scoring two goals. Murphy then added a third before Butterfield took his tally to 22 with his third and fourth goals.

Jake Adams and James Brown were solid at the back and Liam Bailey played well in several different positions during the game.

The away team rallied and Harry Harman in goal made two outstanding saves before Nomads broke to score a powerful shot towards the end of the game.

KEWSTOKE Under-9s A team were away to Cheddar and from the whistle found themselves on the backfoot.

An early goal added to Kewstoke's pressure as Cheddar continued to play attractive passing football. Cheddar scored a second and could have scored more but for some brave goalkeeping from Weston and Worle Advertiser man of the match Daniel Dutton.

Sam Ford showed lovely control as he took the ball past two players and slotted home to keep Kewstoke in the game just before the break.

The second half saw Kewstoke ring the changes, but Cheddar went on to score a further two goals. Ryan Pugh finished nicely getting the goal he deserved, and with Genetious Teboh getting on the scoresheet it made for an interesting last few minutes, but Cheddar held on and the game finished 4-3.

The Under-12s defeated a gallant Gordano Valley Giants 6-1.

The state of the pitch encouraged both teams to play wide and Sean McCarthy was put under pressure early on, but coped superbly.

Ryan Eardley and Kristian Bell looked a threat for Kewstoke and the only goal of the first half came from a run by Eardley.

Stephen Bungay scored the second with a great strike from the edge of the box, but Gordano pulled one back almost immediately from a good through ball.

Any possible nerves were dispelled as Ashley Richardson scored a fine individual goal weaving his way through the Gordano defence before firing past the keeper.

That effectively finished the game off and as the space opened up, Lewys Hunt took command on the left wing and added two more goals. The final play of the match saw Will O'Hagan cap off a great game with a close range finish.

WESTON Crusaders Under-14s travelled to league leaders Clevedon United without their regular goalkeeper, but it was stand-in goalkeeper Aaron Thomas who made an excellent save in the first two minutes.

Crusaders were the dominant side for the rest of the first half. Mike Dancer and Cyrus Molton dominated the central midfield, and Joe Godfrey and Ryan Elkins supplied the hard working forward line of Kieren White and James Lawrence.

For all their dominance Crusaders only managed the one goal when White held the ball up before laying it off to Molton, whose shot was deflected in. Clevedon equalised against the run of play just before half time with a well-taken goal.

The second half saw Clevedon get more into the game, but they were unable to unlock the solid defence of Tom Light, Jack Bridgman, Billy Morrissey and captain Callum Climo.

The introduction of Callum Wilson, Luke Loveridge and Mike Hosey added fresh legs to a hard working team performance. Mike Hosey nearly finished off an excellent passing move with a 20-yard shot that skimmed the crossbar.

The match was decided by a Clevedon free kick, which brought them the winning goal to win 2-1.

Formula First man of the match went to Cyrus Molton.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter