North Somerset through to national semi-finals
North Somerset Under-13s football team have reached the semi-final of the National Cup.
NORTH Somerset Under-13s football team have reached the semi-final of the National Cup.
They defeated Havering in North London, in the quarter-finals and won an exciting encounter on penalties after the match ended 0-0 at full-time.
After a three hour journey to north east London, North Somerset started well and tested the Havering keeper when Dan Howard played the ball through to Sol, but the keeper was not troubled. A superb dummy from Sol left Taryn free, but his shot saved by the keeper.
Lucas Elliman and Joe Rout had a couple of long range shots before Rout was replaced by Jordan Palmer. Then it was Kieran’s turn to come to the rescue, with a great save as the half ended 0-0.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half North Somerset were against the wind and Kieran had to make a couple of good saves. A Jamie Whitfield free kick go just over the bar, before Ashley Leatham and Ed Deane came on as full-time ended goalless.
In extra-time, Havering had a free kick blocked and North Somerset hit the bar in the last minute through Sol, but the match went to a penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
Joe Rout missed the first penalty, but Kieran saved one from Havering. Taryn and Jamie Whitfield both scored and Kieran then saved another spot kick Lucas Elliman scored from his kick and Kieran saved another to send North Somerset through to the semi-finals and a home game against South London, which will be played at Weston FC.