Oakleaf sign up James
Motocross rider James Dodd signs up with Taunton-based Oakleaf Kawasaki team.
AFTER impressing many people in the motocross industry with his recent good form, Winscombe’s James Dodd has now joined the Taunton-based Oakleaf Kawasaki Team for the remainder of 2011 and then into 2012.
With Oakleaf being in their debut season at national level, they were keen to have a South West rider on the team that would impress their sponsors. Team principal Shaun Anthony felt James fitted the bill and a deal was stuck in time for last weekend’s British Motocross Championship round six at Foxhill near Swindon.
Buoyed by the new team, James headed into qualifying in a positive mood and did well to set the 15th fastest time in a group packed with top level international riders.
Race one saw James get a great start and he soon settled into the mid-pack group, and held 14th place. After being involved in several battles during the race, James managed to keep hold of his position to keep 14th at the finish.
You may also want to watch:
Race two saw James start in the low teens and again he was battling away, he soon started to pick up some places and by the finish he took another 14th place. Race three saw James get another mid-pack start and after initially losing a few places he settled into 15th place.
His results on the day gave James 20 points and it was his best result of the season in this championship, he now lies in 22nd but has a great chance of breaking into the top 20.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
James would like to thank Shaun and all involved with Oakleaf Kawasaki for the opportunity they have given him, and to everybody else for their continued help and support.