Officers re-elected at Banwell
Last season’s committee and officers at Banwell Cricket Club were re-elected.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club recently held their AGM and all the officers of the past season were re-elected.
This means that Brett Diver will again captain the first XI, Neil Duncan the seconds and Jerry Wakefield the Sunday side.
The meeting heard of another successful season with the first team winning Division Six of the Somerset League and in the process gaining their third successive promotion.
The meeting also heard that the Recreation Ground at Churchill had won the award of the best playing field in Somerset. Groundsman Chris Langley was congratulated on this achievement.
You may also want to watch:
The club always welcomes new players of all ages and abilities to play in their three senior and two junior sides. Prospective new players should phone 01934 832320 for more details.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats