Olympic countdown begins
NORTH Somerset Athletics Club has announced plans to hold a series of events in the run-up to this summer’s London Olympics.
Schools in Worle and Churchill will host athletics evenings in April to coincide with the passing of the 100 days to go milestone ahead of the start of the games.
The club’s coaches will be on hand to help youngsters, aged eight to 18, whether they are looking to become a future Olympian or are there just for a fun time.
Track and field events will be held at Worle Community School on April 17 from 6-8pm.
And two days later Churchill Academy and Sixth Form Centre will hold a similar evening’s activities from 5-7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Last month the running club held a 24-hour relay fundraiser on Weston’s Grand Pier with 250 athletes braving the cold to raise money for a new purpose-built sports complex.
For more details about the club’s fundraising or the Olympic countdown events visit www.nsac.org.uk
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud