Olympic hopeful on the slopes
An Great Britain Ski team members coached a session at the Avon Ski Centre in Churchill.
AVON Ski Club, in conjunction with Avon Ski Centre, hosted an extended Olympic training evening for 25 of the children’s section, aged from six to 16.
The evening included the Olympic torch which senior coach Malcolm Plaster had run with through Glastonbury, but also the session was coached by Olympic hopeful and Great Britain Ski team member Jai Geyer.
Jai is about to start his second year on the team, and as he looks forward to trying to qualify for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi (Russia), it seemed a great opportunity to enthuse and inspire some of our potential future Olympians at the club.
The session was split into two halves, Jai working with the older racers first, and then after a break with the rest of the children. Using some of the techniques that the GB Team train with on snow, he soon had a great buzz going through the groups.
You may also want to watch:
Having enjoyed a successful evening, both the club and the Avon Slope hope to run similar sessions as and when it fits in with Jai’s training schedule.
The club would like to thank Avon Ski and Action for their help and assistance in running this popular session.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 10 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment