One, two three finish for local riders
- Credit: Archant
Three riders from the area finished in the top three in the Dodson & Horrell National Amateur Championships at Camelford, Cornwall.
THREE riders from the area finished in the top three at the Tall Trees Arena in Camelford, Cornwall, in the Dodson & Horrell National Amateur Championships.
Fifteen-year-old Mollie Smith from Cheddar, made her trip to Tall Trees Arena worthwhile after she fought off stiff competition to take the top spot in a seven-horse jump-off.
Mollie rode her mother Lesley’s nine-year-old bay gelding, Billy Brown to victory after producing the quickest double clear of the class. Mollie and Billy Brown’s time of 31.27 seconds proved good enough to give them not only a 2.5 second lead, but also the winners spoils.
Dominica Rogan-Pfaff, aged 17, from Weston, took second place on board her own 11-year-old skewbald mare, Another Lady II. They recorded their double clear in a time of 33.80 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Third place went to Helen Buffin, also from Weston, after she produced a double clear on board her own 23-year-old chestnut mare Just Whispa. This combination delivered their double clear in 35.16 seconds.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston