One-way ticket for cyclists
- Credit: Archant
Weston Wheelers took the train to Taunton to start their latest weekly excursion.
Weston Wheelers latest ride started with a train journey to Taunton and then riding back to Weston.
The first real challenge was Triscombe Hill and soon after came the downhill spectacular through the picturesque Great Wood forest, going on to reach the scheduled cake stop. However there was another 2 miles of climbing before we would reach our cake reward.
Next came a three-mile descent into North Petherton crossing over the M5 and on to Othery. Staying on the A361, the riders worked together in a group pedalling against a tough head wind all the way to Pedwell.
The final journey back to Weston took them through some beautiful villages and the final climb over the steep side of Brent Knoll, through Lympsham and home.
You may also want to watch:
The ride totalled 60 miles and averaged 15.7 mph and 2,841 ft of climbing.
Thanks go to Alex, Paul G, Duncan, Andy J, Wayne, Dave, Andy P, Pete and Zoe the train conductor.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 10 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
The Wheelers meet every Sunday at 9am and Wednesday at 6pm at Priory School. So why not join us for a ride.