Open competition at Clevedon
Weston Outcasts are holding an open competition at Clevedon on Sunday with a first prize of £500 on offer.
MANY years have gone since anglers have spoken of the Bristol Channel being full of codling.
The north of the channel is proving most productive with reports of over 10 fish per angler regularly coming in. Most of the fish are around 2lb in weight, although some double figure fish have been reported up and down the channel from the shore.
So it is without question a great time to take part in the Weston Outcasts open competition on November.
First prize is a huge £500, second £300 and third £200 with a £2,500 prize table to rival any other. The raffle is once again for charity and Bristol Children’s Hospital will benefit from everything taken from it. Many thanks to all sponsors of the event.
You may also want to watch:
The entry is £10 each with a £2 optional heaviest cod pool. Signing in from 8.30am at the Moon and Sixpence on Clevedon seafront, where the weigh-in will close at 5.30pm.
Fishing is between Clevedon and Portishead Steamer Pier from 10.30am until 4.30pm with First Point out of bounds. The usual one rod three hooks rule applies and no rests out before the start.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory