Open competition at Clevedon
Weston Outcasts are holding an open competition at Clevedon on Sunday with a first prize of £500 on offer.
MANY years have gone since anglers have spoken of the Bristol Channel being full of codling.
The north of the channel is proving most productive with reports of over 10 fish per angler regularly coming in. Most of the fish are around 2lb in weight, although some double figure fish have been reported up and down the channel from the shore.
So it is without question a great time to take part in the Weston Outcasts open competition on November.
First prize is a huge £500, second £300 and third £200 with a £2,500 prize table to rival any other. The raffle is once again for charity and Bristol Children’s Hospital will benefit from everything taken from it. Many thanks to all sponsors of the event.
You may also want to watch:
The entry is £10 each with a £2 optional heaviest cod pool. Signing in from 8.30am at the Moon and Sixpence on Clevedon seafront, where the weigh-in will close at 5.30pm.
Fishing is between Clevedon and Portishead Steamer Pier from 10.30am until 4.30pm with First Point out of bounds. The usual one rod three hooks rule applies and no rests out before the start.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course