Open day at Cheddar
Free open day to be held at Cheddar Tennis Club
ANDY Murray may be struggling a little at the moment, but there is plenty of enthusiasm for tennis in Cheddar as these youngsters showed at a recent coaching session at Cheddar Tennis Club.
Now the club is inviting everyone to come and have a go at their free open day on May 14 at Sharpham Road playing fields, Cheddar.
The club’s professional coaches will be teaching tennis skills and organising fun drills and games. There will be prizes and souvenirs for the players and light refreshments for spectators.
The club will provide all the equipment, so players only need to come in sportswear and trainers. There are three sessions: 10-11am for children aged 4-7 and 8-10 years old, 11.15am-12.30pm for those aged 11-14 and over 15-years-old and 2.30-4pm for adults.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3