Open day at Cheddar
Cheddar Tennis Club is holding an open day on July 14.
CHEDDAR Tennis Club is holding an open day on July 14 at its Sharpham Road courts, Cheddar.
Everyone is welcome to come and have a go, whatever age or ability. The morning is for children: 10-11am for ages four to 10 and 11.15am-12.30pm for over 11s.
The club’s professional coaches will be teaching racquet skills and running fun games, with lots of souvenirs and prizes, and budding Andy Murrays can test their service against the speed gun.
There will be light refreshments for parents and friends who would like to watch and find out more about the club.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon session is for adults, from 2.30-4pm and the club is particularly keen to see ‘rusty returners’ who may not have played for many years, but would like to try again. Racquets are available morning and afternoon for those without one. Participants just need to wear trainers and sports clothes.
For those who want to learn or improve their game, the club runs coaching courses tailored to different age groups throughout the year, including popular classes for adults.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
There are lots of opportunities for playing too, from regular club sessions to league matches and tournaments and good court availability for those who like to arrange their own games.
For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703.