Open day at Cheddar Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Tennis Club are holding an open day at it Sharpham Road courts on July 13.
CHEDDAR Tennis Club is inviting everyone to come to their open day on July 13 at Sharpham Road playing fields tennis courts in Cheddar.
You don’t have to be the next Andy Murray or Laura Robson, but the club offers every opportunity for those keen enough to try.
The morning is for children – four to 10-year-olds from 10-11am and 11 to 16-year-olds from 11.15am-12.30pm. Adults are invited in the afternoon between 2.30-4pm.
The sessions are open to all abilities, from beginners to experienced players and especially rusty rackets in the afternoon. All equipment will be provided, just wear trainers and sports clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Dean Cornish and his team of professional coaches will be teaching tennis skills, organising fun games and encouraging everyone to have a go.
Dean has recently returned from coaching at Nick Bollettieri’s renowned tennis academy in Florida where many stars have trained, including Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and Andre Agassi.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Following the open day, the club will also be running free sessions at Kings fitness centre the following day with a special offer of half price membership of the tennis club to anyone new who joins over the weekend.
New members of all ages are always welcome at Cheddar, where there is year round coaching, social tennis and competitive league matches to suit all needs.
For more information, contact Peter Colton on 01934 742703.