Open day at Weston Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
Weston Tennis Club is holding an open day on Sunday.
WESTON Tennis Club is holding a fun-filled open day on Sunday between 11am and 2pm.
Children, adults, beginners and experienced players are invited to come along and play for free at the club’s facilities, comprising five newly-refurbished floodlit courts tucked away in Neva Road, close to the train station.
Attractively discounted memberships offers will be available exclusively for anyone wishing to join on the day.
There will be an opportunity to play for free with rackets and refreshments provided with no obligation to join. Those interested in taking a look at the club can just come along to see the facilities and talk to committee members, who will provide further information and details of membership options.
You may also want to watch:
This friendly club holds regular playing sessions throughout the week for all members. It also has three ladies and four men’s teams in the North Somerset League. The league teams cater for all standards ranging from a team in North Somerset League division one to teams at the lower end of the league structure.
Head coach Jamie Allen holds extensive group and individual coaching courses for adults, and for juniors aged four to 17, including a range of mini tennis courses.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
Throughout the school summer holidays in July and August there will be a range of fun days and three-day long tennis camps. Please contact Jamie for specific dates and to make a booking.
These sessions will include a variety of fun games and the opportunity to learn basic tactics and technique. Jamie’s programme of activities is enhanced by Greg Kyd, who also offers coaching sessions. Greg is a qualified (level 3) sports masseur and experienced coach.
The club has an active programme of events that includes tournaments, internal box leagues and social events. It has recently been awarded the coveted LTA Club Mark accreditation in recognition of its excellence in achieving national standards of best practice.
Club chairwoman, Christine Leach, added: “The club has made a significant investment in facilities and developed an extensive activity programme. The club is looking forward to welcoming adults and juniors of all ages and abilities, including beginners, on Sunday.”
For more information on the open day, fun days, club memberships and coaching, please ring Jamie Allen on 07790 937448.
Alternatively, you can view the club website www.westontennisclub.co.uk or email Jamieallentennis@yahoo.co.uk