Open day success
An open day at Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham proved to be a great success.
AVENUE Tennis Club’s open day was a great success due to the weather, with a good turnout of almost 150 adults and children.
Head coach Vinny Duddy thanked coaches Barry Ramsden and Craig Phillips for their efforts in running the adult and junior sessions with the help of Josh, Rob, Billy, Heather and Josh.
The coaches took the players through a variety of skills and fun games and were impressed with some of the new players who came down to the club. Duddy was also full of praise for the ladies (Pooh Jenkins, Sue Parsons and ladies’ captain Lynn O’Dell), who helped to prepare the food and for Gordon and Pat Hunter and Toby Earthy, who ran the bar.
Forms are now available for the summer holiday club which will run for four of the weeks during the summer holiday. Parents can book from one to 19 days of tennis coaching through fun games and drills, from 9am-4pm daily.
You may also want to watch:
Details and forms are available on the club’s website - www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences