Open day success
An open day at Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham proved to be a great success.
AVENUE Tennis Club’s open day was a great success due to the weather, with a good turnout of almost 150 adults and children.
Head coach Vinny Duddy thanked coaches Barry Ramsden and Craig Phillips for their efforts in running the adult and junior sessions with the help of Josh, Rob, Billy, Heather and Josh.
The coaches took the players through a variety of skills and fun games and were impressed with some of the new players who came down to the club. Duddy was also full of praise for the ladies (Pooh Jenkins, Sue Parsons and ladies’ captain Lynn O’Dell), who helped to prepare the food and for Gordon and Pat Hunter and Toby Earthy, who ran the bar.
Forms are now available for the summer holiday club which will run for four of the weeks during the summer holiday. Parents can book from one to 19 days of tennis coaching through fun games and drills, from 9am-4pm daily.
You may also want to watch:
Details and forms are available on the club’s website - www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs