Open day success at the Avenue
- Credit: Archant
The Avenue Tennis Club open day at Burnham was a huge success with the first decent weather of the year.
THE Avenue Tennis Club open day at Burnham was a huge success with the first nice weather of the year encouraging everyone to sit outside the clubhouse.
Coaches Duddy, Phillips and Arnold spent two hours with about 30 children going through some tennis skills and fun games with Ramsden taking the adults.
The club have a 25 per cent discount off of all new annual memberships and would encourage anyone to come down to the club and take advantage of this fantastic offer.
On April 14, club members will be coming together to do a spring clean tournament with a bit of external housekeeping being done before starting a fun social doubles competition at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a Wimbledon ticket draw night at the club on April 20 from 7.30pm where members of the club will be eligible to win one of the 20 pairs of tickets allocated to the club by the LTA.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud