Open hockey day at Priory School
Weston Hockey Club is holdingan Back2Hockey open day at Priory School on September 3.
After the amazing gold medal display of the GB hockey ladies team at the Olympics, Weston Hockey Club will be holding a back a Back2Hockey day at Priory School on September 3 at Priory School.
The day is open to any player who has been inspired by the likes of Bristol’s Lily Owsley, or Taunton’s Kings College pupil Maddie Hinch and want to dust off their hockey stick or even pick one up for the first time.
Members of the club’s coaching staff will be on hand with some fun skill practises and games to help you rediscover your love of hockey.
The club has seen an unprecedented surge in requests for information and secured a host of new sponsors over the weekend including The Curry Garden and the Milton Larder, a fact Weston’s recently appointed chairwoman Sarah Morrison, puts down to the success of the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “As soon as Holly Webb scored the last penalty my email inbox started to fill up with local businesses keen to get involved with our sport. Our social media pages have been inundated with ex-members and new requests from people keen to get involved.
“We are very excited to be able to put on this day and perhaps unearth some new local talent that could make it to Tokyo in four years for the next summer games.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
The session will run between 2-4pm and participants are encouraged to wear gym/running wear, bring a bottle of water and a sense of adventure. Shin pads and a stick if you have them, but don’t worry if not there will be some available to borrow on the day.
If you want to discuss any aspects of hockey with the club or have questions about the Back2Hockey day, please call Sarah Morrison on 07709 431476 or vice-chair Sam Neate on 07491 116986.
The club can also be contacted on social media via their Facebook WSMHC page or on twitter @WSMHockeyClub.